The following is a .zip file. File type (in bold), default file names (in italics), and file sizes are given. The disclaimer shown below pertains to any and all data downloaded from the WVGES Web site.
ESRI Shapefile Format**
Datum: NAD 1927 (NAD 27), Projection: UTM, Zone: 17, Units: meters (after importing .shp files, the data units may need to be defined using View Properties within ESRI software)
Number of Wells: 289 wells as of August 2006
downloadable .zip file, wv_trnn0806_shp.zip: 1,934 KB contains Recently-Permitted Trenton and Deeper Wells in West Virginia wv_trnn0806.dbf: 1,134 KB, wv_trnn0806.prj: 1 KB, wv_trnn0806.sbn: 4 KB, wv_trnn0806.sbx: 1 KB, wv_trnn0806.shp: 8 KB, and wv_trnn0806.shx: 3 KB Outlines of West Virginia Counties counties.dbf: 18 KB, counties.prj: 1 KB, counties.sbn: 1 KB, counties.sbx: 1 KB, counties.shp: 2,466 KB, and counties.shx: 1 KB, 15-Minute Quadrangle Tic Marks for West Virginia tics.dbf: 9 KB, tics.prj: 1 KB, tics.sbn: 2 KB, tics.sbx: 1 KB, tics.shp: 4 KB, and tics.shx: 2 KB
For questions about the Trenton data, please contact John Bocan, West Virginia Geological Survey, email@example.com.
Additional information about the Trenton and Black River Formations for West Virginia and the northern Appalachian region can be found at the Trenton Black River Project website: http://www.wvgs.wvnet.edu/www/tbr/default.asp.
* Please note that at this time, distribution of geospatial data from the WVGES Web site does not meet Federal Geographic Data Committee standards.
** ESRI shapefiles can be used readily in various ESRI products including ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS Explorer (or ArcExplorer). ArcGIS for Desktop is a GIS mapping software application. ArcGIS Explorer (or the older ArcExplorer) is a GIS data viewer that is available free of charge from the ESRI Web site. Detailed documentation about ArcGIS Explorer is available from ESRI as well. An online version of ArcGIS Explorer is also avaliable; however, a broadband connection is suggested when using the online application.
|DISCLAIMER REGARDING THE RELEASE OF DATA AND USER REQUIREMENTS|
|The West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey (WVGES) makes basic data available to the public from its computerized
databases on mineral resources under the following conditions:
1. We believe the data in the WVGES computer databases to have been generated and assembled with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy, and precision for the purposes for which they were originally intended. In this context, "data" refer to numerical and textual data (such as in the "pipeline" application), digitial data (such as .las files), digital images (such as digital photographs), scanned records (such as completion reports), and spatial data (such as shapefiles). Some data have been compiled from other sources and the WVGES accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracies in those data. Therefore, we cannot and do not, either implicitly or explicitly, guarantee the accuracy, precision, or completeness of the data.
2. Neither the WVGES nor its staff members are liable or responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of the databases or from inaccuracies contained in the databases.
3. These data are provided as a service to the State of West Virginia through the WVGES for the purpose of research and development efforts. Final use of these data is the sole responsibility of the user.
4. We encourage you to report any problems, inconsistencies, or errors noted in using these data to the Computing Services Program, so that we can correct them and provide even better service.
|West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey
Please send questions, comments, and/or suggestions to webmaster.
Page created and maintained by: West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey Address: Mont Chateau Research Center 1 Mont Chateau Road Morgantown, WV 26508-8079 Telephone: 304-594-2331 FAX: 304-594-2575 Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday
Permission to reproduce this material is granted if acknowledgment is given to the West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey.