West Virginia Earth Science Information Center (ESIC)
AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHS OF WEST VIRGINIA
The earliest aerial photographs of West Virginia were taken in the late 1930s. Since then,
most of the State has been photographed up to eight different times from various altitudes
during all seasons and with a variety of film types.
THE WEST VIRGINIA EARTH SCIENCE INFORMATION CENTER (ESIC)
TYPES OF PHOTOGRAPHS AVAILABLE
- Paper prints, positive film transparencies, or film negatives are available.
- Most photography is black and white (B&W). Some are available in B&W infrared, color
infrared (CIR), and color (COL).
- The most common standard size photography is 9" x 9" with enlargements of this size
available at 200% (18" x 18") and 400% (36" x 36").
- Approximate (5% variation) 1:24,000-scale enlargements are available.
- Most aerial photographs are taken so that each one overlaps the ones next to it by 60%
for stereo viewing.
- Maintain indexes of available photography.
- Keep available photo indexes and some photography for public viewing.
- Provide information searches for requested photos.
- Assist in ordering photos.
ORDERING AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHS
|BLACK & WHITE PHOTOS - UNIT PRICE
||COLOR INFRARED PHOTOS - UNIT PRICE
||9 inch film positive
||9 inch film negative
||9 inch paper print
||18 inch paper print
||36 inch paper print
||1:24,000 paper print
Add 6% sales tax plus $5.60 for postage and handling (as of 1/28/2013). Please allow approximately 6 weeks for delivery.
Page last revised: January 28, 2013
Please send questions, comments, and/or suggestions to webmaster.
Page created and maintained by:
West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey
Address: Mont Chateau Research Center
1 Mont Chateau Road
Morgantown, WV 26508-8079
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday
Permission to reproduce this material is granted if acknowledgment is given
to the West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey.