WV 3DEP Initiative
View the Interactive Map showing Federal areas of interest along with current, proposed and/or possible West Virginia areas of interest: Interactive Map.
If you have an area of interest, please send your shapefiles or file geodatabase to John Bocan at the West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey (WVGES): Please also include some statements describing your area of interest (AoI). Also, if including more than one AoI, please rank them in your priority.
This map was last updated 6/23/2016
Important 3DEP Links:
- ■ 3DEP Site (USGS The National Map): http://nationalmap.gov/3DEP/index.html
- ■ 2017 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) Information: http://nationalmap.gov/3DEP/FY17BAA.html
- ■ 2016 Funded Projects: http://nationalmap.gov/3DEP/3dep_fy16projectlist.html
- ■ 2015 Funded Projects: http://nationalmap.gov/3DEP/3dep_fy15projectlist.html
- ■ View Federal Agency and Other Stakeholder 3DEP Areas of Interest (AOI): https://cms.geoplatform.gov/elevation/3DEP/View3DEPAOI
- ■ The "SeaSketch" 3DEP Interactive Map (nationwide): http://www.seasketch.org/#projecthomepage/5272840f6ec5f42d210016e4
- ■ The 3D Elevation Program—Summary for West Virginia (PDF via USGS): http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2015/3017/pdf/fs2015-3017.pdf
- ■ Some questions and answers (PDF): 3DEP_FY1516BAA_NationalWebinar_April2015_Q&A.pdf
- ■ Overview of the 3D Elevation Program Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) Process (YouTube video ~27 minutes) from April 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hCRngVXTZc
- ■ Overview of the 3D Elevation Program Broad Agency Announcemnt (BAA) Application Process (YouTube 40 minutes) from July 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWIuuwol0Ns