Download the information from this page.
(MS Word, 253 KB)
(MS Word, 253 KB)
Morgantown is located in the north central portion state of West Virginia, which lies in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. Those traveling to Morgantown have several options from which to choose.
AIR TRAVELFor those traveling by air, travelers can fly into either Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT), which is located approximately 75 miles north of Morgantown or Washington DCís Dulles International Airport (IAD), which is located approximately 200 miles east of Morgantown. Dulles International Airport has limited connecting flights to Morgantown Municipal Airport (MGW). For those preferring to rent a car and drive from Dulles International Airport to Morgantown, the drive is a scenic one and takes approximately three and one-half hours.
Ground Transportation from Pittsburgh International Airport
- Contact Airport Limousine at (800) 326-2907 for rates and reservations.
- Mountain Line Transit (Grey Line Bus Route 29) provides a daily shuttle to and from the Pittsburgh International Airport. For schedule and reservations, select link or call (304) 296-3869. Pickup at the Pittsburgh Airport is at 2:00 PM EST daily. Cost: $25-30 for a one-way trip.
Taxi Service Operators:Taxis are available for hire outside of the baggage claim area in the landside terminal. Approximate cost from Pittsburgh Airport to Morgantown is typically $208.00.
- Checker Cab (412) 664-5600
- Yellow Cab of Pittsburgh (412) 321-8100
Rental Cars:Car rental counters are located on the baggage claim level of the landside terminal, Approximate cost per day is $40.00 to $60.00 per day for a mid-size vehicle not including taxes and fuel costs. See Pittsburgh International Airport link for rental car information.
Ground Transportation from Dulles International AirportSee Dulles International Airport link for rental car information.
Ground Transportation from Morgantown Municipal AirportCar rental counters are located in the arrivals area of the airport. See Morgantown Municipal Airport link for rental car information. A yellow phone for contacting Morgantown Cab is located next to the pay phones in the arrivals area.
Driving DirectionsFor those within driving distance, Morgantown is easily accessible by one of the two nearby interstates, I-79 or I-68.
From Points North:Interstate 79 South to the West Virginia University exit (#155) or the Westover/Morgantown exit (#152)
- From Exit #155, turn left on Chaplin Hill Rd/CR-19/24, go 0.67 mi; bear right on Jerry West Blvd (U.S. 19), go 1.46 mi; continue following U.S. 19, go 2.07 mi; turn left on Pleasant St (U.S. 119 N), go 0.11 mi; turn right on High St, go 264 ft, Clarion Hotel Morgan on right.
- From Exit #152, turn left on Fairmont Rd (U.S. 19 N), go 1.42 mi; continue following U.S. 19 N, go 0.82 mi; continue on Pleasant Street (U.S. 119 N), go 0.11 mi; turn right on High St, go 264 ft, Clarion Hotel Morgan on right.
From Points South:Interstate 79 North to the Cumberland exit (#148) onto Interstate 68 East to University Ave/Downtown exit (#1)
- From Exit #1, turn left on Grafton Rd (U.S. 119), go 1.76 mi; continue following U.S. 119, go 2.09 mi; turn right on Pleasant St (U.S. 119 N), go 0.11 mi; turn right on High St, go 264 ft, Clarion Hotel Morgan on right.
From Points East:Interstate 68 West to the University Ave./Downtown exit (#1)
- From Exit #1, turn left on Grafton Rd (U.S. 119), go 1.5 mi; continue following U.S. 119, go 2.09 mi; turn right on Pleasant St (U.S. 119 N), go 0.11 mi; turn right on High St, go 264 ft, Clarion Hotel Morgan on right.
From Morgantown Municipal Airport:From airport parking lot turn left on Hart Field Rd, go 0.32 mi; turn right onto Hartman Run Road (CR 857), go 317 ft; turn left on Mileground Road (US-119), go 1.15 mi; continue following US-119, go 1.3 mi; turn left on High Street (US-119 S), go 0.33 mi, Clarion Hotel Morgan on right.
LOCAL PARKINGClarion Hotel Morgan: Free parking and free valet parking is available for guests. After checking in and unloading at Hotel Morgan, for self-parking proceed on High Street, go 150 feet, turn left on Kirk Street, go 210 feet, and turn right into Hotel Morgan guest parking lot.
Downtown Public Parking: Two public 24-hour parking garages, which have entrances on Spruce Street and University Avenue, are located in the downtown area. See Morgantown Parking Authority Map link for public parking lot locations.
DOWNTOWN MORGANTOWN AND WVU MAPSDowntown Morgantown Map
WVU Downtown Campus Map (PDF)
WVU Evansdale Campus Map (PDF)