To find out what is happening at WVGES and in the geologic community, please select from the following:
- The 2013 WVGES Annual Report (PDF, 354 KB) NEW!
- Annual Reports (by Fiscal Year in PDF format):
2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, and 2003.
- B-46: Hydrogeology, Groundwater Flow, and Groundwater Quality of an Abandoned Underground Coal-Mine Aquifer, Elkhorn Area, West Virginia FREE Download!
Kozar, Mark D., McCoy, Kurt J., Britton, James Q., Blake Jr., Bascombe M., 2012, 103 p, 38 f, 9 tables. This report presents results of a three-year investigation of the geology, hydrology, geochemistry, and groundwater flow processes within abandoned underground coal mines of the Pocahontas No. 3 coal seam, used as a source of water for public supply in the Elkhorn area, McDowell County, West Virginia.
- Oil and Gas Well Data DVD Updated 10/2013
- Abstract of Publication B-45, Petroleum Geology and Reservoir Characterization of the Upper Devonian Gordon Sandstone, Jacksonburg-Springtown Oil Field, Northwestern West Virginia
- Two new West Virginia State Park Bulletins available: “The Geology of Cacapon Resort and Lost River State Parks” (State Park Bulletin SP-7) and “The Geology of Canaan Valley Resort and Blackwater Falls State Parks” (State Park Bulletin SP-6A)
- Recent Publications
- Free Downloadable Publications
Please send questions, comments, or suggestions to webmaster
. Page last revised: January 14, 2015.
1 Mont Chateau Road
Morgantown, WV 26508-8079